UAlbany Alert: Emergency Information
The University at Albany takes matters of safety and security seriously. In the event of a campus emergency, official sources of information will be communicated through the following channels:
- The Web: This emergency information page will post frequent updates. Bookmark it!
- E-mail Notifications:
- • In the event of a campus emergency, email messages will be issued from UAlbanyAlert@albany.edu and/or from firstname.lastname@example.org. This includes class cancellations in the event of inclement weather.
- • In the event of a weather-related event interrupting campus IT services, UAlbany Mail may be accessible by going to mail.office365.com and logging on with your UAlbany email address and password.
- Social Media: Updated reports will be shared on UAlbany's Facebook and Twitter pages. Follow @UAlbany and @UAlbanyAlert on Twitter for updated information. You can also search Twitter for updates using #UAlbanyAlert.
- Emergency Information Line: UAlbany's emergency information phone line provides information updates in the event of an emergency or weather-related issue. You can access it 24/7 at (518) 442-7669.
- SUNY-NY Alert: The SUNY-NY Alert System notifies registered members of the campus community via text message, voicemail or e-mail. You must sign up in order to receive alerts.
The key to safety and security is preparedness. Any concerns should be reported immediately to UPD at (518) 442-3131. Report any environmental safety concerns to the Office of Environmental Health and Safety at (518) 442-3495.
Emergency Phone Numbers and Links
For emergency dial 911
Including fire emergencies
Off-campus or cell phone
University Health Center